Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Revolving Doors?

In todays ever changing world, that revolving door of Traditional Publishing and Self-Publishing seems to hover annoyingly above our heads. And although I have no problem with either, I must be honest, I mean lets face it (traditional publishing is a headache.). Now don't misquote that, or take it too far out of context. I would love to publish my novel the traditional way, but who am I kidding? Sure not me.  I man it's really hard. And when you've invested so much time in your sweet darling (book), what? You want it to find readers. But Traditional Publishing is exhausting. First, you have to get in the door. Then if you book or should I say, your voice, meaning your style of writing is worth the time...you must go through a list of what is and what is not acceptable, depending the genre. Which is another topic all in itself. Now right now you probably exhausted just reading. I know. Anyway, then there's the look at word count. Maybe your book is too long and needs to be cut-down for acceptance. Or maybe your voice is coming off too strong and needs to be turned down a notch, and you need to add another one-hundred words. Which ever the reason...its tuff.
Now, don't get me wrong. I am willing to work with an editor and work hard for my book. Put my best foot forward. But in the world of Revolving Doors (Traditional or Self-Publishing)...which is really best? I say, go for what works for you. What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment