Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Someone Asked Me

       Someone asked me today, who was Marie Dai'Re. I started off the conversation easy, not wanting to seem too sure of myself.  I told them that I was a mother, a wife, a daughter, author--stop. Yes, they cut me off right there. I can't say I got upset when their next question was-- that's not what I asked. I want to know Marie Dai'Re they said. Now I was looking a bit puzzled and, I want to say silly. I thought I had this Marie Dai'Re thing all figured out, I mean, that is me after all, right? Well, anyway. This person asked me again, who is Marie Dai'Re, but they then told me to leave out the family and friends, the house, the dogs, the job, etc.. 
      Now they had me sweating, mentally that is. I mean after all, those were the answers to the question. I smiled and inhaled. I then looked at them sort of casually and tried to appear above the curb--the one I felt I was standing in front of looking up over, and said. Well, Marie Dai'Re is a creative, kind, loving, honest, loyal, and all around good person when she wants to be. Marie Dai'Re is happy most of the time, but she can be sad too. Marie Dai'Re is giving and trust worthy, and enjoys making others laugh, Marie Dai'Re is--'stop', she says, cutting me off for the second time. Funny, and I was deep into myself then.
      She smiled, and I smiled, and she then says, "Now you know who you are." I looked at her a while longer (I'm not going to tell you what I wanted to do), and that's when it hit me. Although I am a mother, wife, daughter, friend, sister, cousin, in-law and so many other things to others-- none of those are Marie Dai'Re. She's so much more, and that's not being arrogant, well, maybe a little, but hey, we all deserve a little bragging rights. But, seriously,  it's not just about the day to day badges we wear, as it is about the inner us. Our character-- that person we must be in order to build the foundation around us. Without truly knowing who we are within--none of those other parts of us really matter. A subject I would like to discuss in my  next blog if anyone would like to touch on it.
     Now, what about you...who are you? Sit and think about that for a moment. Now when your ready, and I mean really ready--share it with me. I love to know the real you.

2 comments: